- You are backing up VMware virtual machines with Acronis Virtual Appliance.
- After a while, backups start failing with this error:
Error code: 150
Message: The management server is not available for more than 30 days.
Virtual Appliance cannot resolve the hostname of the machine where Acronis Management Server is installed and thus cannot check license.
The issue has been fixed in Acronis Backup 12 Update 3 (build 3689 or later), please update to the latest build.
As workaround, please add a string mapping the IP address and the hostname of Acronis Management Server into the hosts file on Acronis Virtual Appliance:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F2 to open Virtual Appliance's console.
- To open the hosts file, issue:
- To enter the editing mode, press the "O" key.
- Write the IP address and the name of the machine where Acronis Management Server is installed:
- To save changes, press Escape and type:
- Press Enter.
- To exit the console, press Ctrl+Shift+F1.