Patch 5555 of Acronis True Image 2017 needs to be installed, if you experience one of these issues:
- activation fails with "Sorry, this serial number could not be checked"
- infinite signing in at program startup after changing account password at the website
- files previously selected for backup are not marked as selected when editing backup source
To resolve these issues install patch 5555:
- Make sure you have build 5554 installed. You can check current build number on the Account tab (see this article, if you need help checking build number). If you have an older build installed, download build 5554 from your Acronis account and install it (you can find step-by-step instructions in this article).
- Close Acronis True Image.
- Download the patch and unpack it.
- Double-click the installation file.
- Wait until installation completes.
Now you can use Acronis True Image.
For assistance, contact Acronis Customer Central.
User Account Control dialog box (Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?) may be shown several times during installation process, this is expected behaviour, click Yes to continue installation.
You can also run installation by right-clicking the installation file and selecting Apply, or by issuing this command in the Command prompt:
msiexec /update <full path>\AcronisTrueImage2017_patch_5555.msp
where <full path> is the path to the folder where the patch resides