Backup to Acronis Cloud fails with the error message:
Failed to resolve the proxy address
Disable a proxy server in Internet Explorer settings
Acronis True Image 2017 does not support Internet connection through proxy. In order to disable the proxy in Windows you need to open Internet Explorer browser and unmark the option "Use a proxy server". Note that this will affect all the programs on your computer that do not have own proxy connection settings and take them from Windows.
- Close Acronis True Image 2017
- Open Windows Start menu, type iexplore and press Enter button on the keyboard:
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner to open the menu. Select "Internet options":
- Click on the "Connections" tab:
- Click on the "LAN settings" button, uncheck the option "Use a proxy server" and click OK button. If it is already unchecked, skip to the next solution
- Launch Acronis True Image 2017, start your backup and see if it succeeds. If it terminates with the same error message, adjust backup settings as per instructions below.
Adjust backup settings
- Select your backup and click the "Options" button at the bottom of Acronis True Image 2017 window:
- Click on the Advanced tab:
- Set "Operation priorty" to "High", and "Network connection transfer rate" to "Maximum":
- Click OK to save the changes and start the backup. It should succeed now.