- Agent is offline although the machine is running.
- Incorrect last/next backup start time or other data displayed in the backup management console.
- Check last activities of the affected agent:
- Check Activities in the backup management console.
- Check logs on the Agent machine in:
- Windows: %allusersprofile%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\mms.0.txt
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/mms.0.log
- macOS: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/
- Make sure that Acronis Managed Machine service (acronis_mms in Linux and macOS) is running and its user has required permissions:
- Windows: Start -> Search -> services.msc -> Acronis Managed Machine Service
- Linux: ps aux | grep Acronis
- macOS: sudo launchctl list | grep acronis
- Make sure the affected machine has internet connection.
- Make sure http://cloud.acronis.com is accessible from the affected machine.
- Make sure all required ports are open. You can check port with Cloud Connection Verification Tool. If the tool reports that a required port is closed, open this port.
- Make sure Acronis Management Server can process Agent's requests. You can check it by creating and applying a test backup plan (you can revoke the plan afterwards).
- If possible, reboot the affected machine and check whether the issue persists.
- Make sure the affected machine has received a correct token from the management server:
acropsh -m dmldump --service mms --viewspec-string Msp::Agent::Dto::Configuration
- Make sure the Uplink line is filled:
('.Uplink.Address.Address', 'string', 'eu-baas.acronis.com'),
('.Uplink.Address.Alternatives', 'array', ),
('.Uplink.Address.Alternatives^Nil', 'nil', None),
('.Uplink.Address.Port', 'dword', 7787),
('.Uplink.Address^Is', 'string', 'Msp::Agent::Dto::ServerAddress'),
('.Uplink.IsSuspended', 'bool', 0),
('.Uplink.SessionType', 'string', 'ams'),
('.Uplink.ZmqPublicKey', 'string', 'y0Qd(6lPiJ2<)JkpXcmpITe8VhGQWh^*/HLQVZq#'),
('.Uplink^Is', 'string', 'Msp::Agent::Dto::UplinkInfo'),
- Stop Acronis Managed Machine service for 4-5 minutes until the Agent goes offline in the backup management console. Start Acronis Managed Machine Service afterwards and check whether the issue persists.
- Windows: Start -> Search -> services.msc -> Acronis Managed Machine Service -> click Stop service, then click Start service
- Linux: /etc/init.d/acronis_mms stop
- macOS: sudo launchctl start <service_name>
sudo launchctl stop <service_name>
- Check whether synchronization works correctly for another account. Re-register agent as described in Registering Backup Client Manually. If the issue is not reproduced with a new account, it is caused by a specific account, a hanging activity on Acronis Management Server or a certificate issue/corruption. If the issue persists, it is caused by the agent. Reinstalling the agent helps to resolve the issue. Leave Remove the logs and configuration settings (Windows) or Clean up all product traces (Linux) cleared when deinstalling the old agent, this way applied backup plans will be reapplied to the new agent and backups to previous archives continue.
- If none of the above helps, please contact Acronis Customer Central for assistance.