- Incorrect last/next backup start time or other data displayed in Cyber Protection console.
- Agent gets the Offline status in Cyber Protection console, although the machine is running.
Check last activities of the affected agent
As connectivity issues may have various root causes, the best way to start troubleshooting is by checking error messages in logs.
- Check Activities in Cyber Protection console.
- Check logs on the Agent machine. The logs to check are Acronis Managed Machine service (MMS) log and the ZMQ component logs. ZMQ client on the Agent device is in constant communication with zmqgw component on AMS.
Logs are named:
- mms.0.txt or mms.0.log
And are located in:
- Windows: %allusersprofile%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/
- macOS: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/
Once you have more insights from the logs, you may already have identified the root cause for the issue. Follow these steps to resolve it.
- Make sure that Acronis Managed Machine service (acronis_mms in Linux and macOS) is running and its user has required permissions:
- Windows: Start -> Search -> services.msc -> Acronis Managed Machine Service
- Linux: ps aux | grep Acronis
- macOS: sudo launchctl list | grep acronis
- Make sure the affected machine has internet connection.
- Make sure http://cloud.acronis.com is accessible from the affected machine.
- Make sure all required ports are open. You can check port with Cloud Connection Verification Tool. If the tool reports that a required port is closed, open this port.
- Make sure Acronis Management Server can process Agent's requests. You can check it by creating and applying a test backup plan (you can revoke the plan afterwards).
- Make sure the affected machine has received a correct token from the management server:
acropsh -m dmldump --service mms --viewspec-string Msp::Agent::Dto::Configuration
- Make sure the Uplink line is filled:
('.Uplink.Address.Address', 'string', 'eu-baas.acronis.com'),
('.Uplink.Address.Alternatives', 'array', ),
('.Uplink.Address.Alternatives^Nil', 'nil', None),
('.Uplink.Address.Port', 'dword', 7787),
('.Uplink.Address^Is', 'string', 'Msp::Agent::Dto::ServerAddress'),
('.Uplink.IsSuspended', 'bool', 0),
('.Uplink.SessionType', 'string', 'ams'),
('.Uplink.ZmqPublicKey', 'string', 'y0Qd(6lPiJ2<)JkpXcmpITe8VhGQWh^*/HLQVZq#'),
('.Uplink^Is', 'string', 'Msp::Agent::Dto::UplinkInfo'),
- Stop Acronis Managed Machine service for 4-5 minutes until the Agent goes offline in Cyber Protection console. Start Acronis Managed Machine Service afterwards and check whether the issue persists.
- Windows: Start -> Search -> services.msc -> Acronis Managed Machine Service -> click Stop service, then click Start service
- Linux: /etc/init.d/acronis_mms stop
- macOS: sudo launchctl start <service_name>
sudo launchctl stop <service_name>
If none of the above helps, please contact Acronis Support for assistance.