- You have updated your subscription to Acronis Cloud Storage (purchased additional space).
- In Alerts, you see this alert:
The storage quota is exceeded. Further backups will fail.
- Backup to Cloud finishes with a warning like:
Error code: 57
Message: There is no free space on Acronis Cloud Storage. Backup size: 289,7 GB; Storage quota: 250 GB. Please upgrade the subscription. Otherwise, further backups will fail.
- You notice, that storage quota in the error message is incorrect.
Cloud certificate was not updated.
The issue has been fixed in Acronis Backup Cloud 7.5.
As workaround for earlier versions, navigate to
- %allusersprofile%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ (in Windows)
- /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/ (in Linux)
- /Library/Application Support/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/ (in macOS)
and rename the OnlineBackup folder; then start backup. A new certificate will be obtained.
If the quota in the error message is correct and you have actually exceeded it, consider purchasing additional space in Acronis Cloud, or check your Cloud storage for incomplete backups and delete them as described in this article.