Initial Seeding process for large amounts of data
In case Customer's backup source data set size exceeds 5 TB and Customer location is one of data centers listed below, Acronis provides an assistance with uploading such backups.
The list of data centers for which Acronis provides assistance with Initial Seeding and Large Scale Recovery services is the following:
- EU1, EU7 (Strasbourg)
- EU2 (Frankfurt)
- EU3 (London)
- EU6 (Cologne)
- US2 (Ashburn)
- SG (Singapore)
- JP (Nagano)
The process of requesting Acronis in this case is the following:
- Customer sends Initial Seeding or Large Recovery Service inquiry to its Service Provider.
- Depending on data set size and Initial Seeding service availability, Service Provider either:
- confirms IS/LSR service availability to Customer and provides the guide https://kb.acronis.com/content/57604 or
- recommends to transfer data via the Internet.
- Customer follows the guide and performs IS backup. Once it is completed, Customer sends a notification to Service Provider and requests a confirmation that a device can be sent. Notification should contain User Name, Machine Name and Backup Plan name.
- Service Provider:
- verifies in Acronis Backup Cloud console that the information provided is valid and backup has been completed successfully.
- notifies Customer that the device can be sent.
- Customer sends IS device via snail mail (either directly to Acronis, or to Service Provider; Acronis addresses are available below) and provides shipment tracking number to Service Provider.
- In case shipment was sent through Service Provider, Service Provider should receive the shipment and send it to Acronis, to one of the addresses specified below depending on the data center. Service Provider should follow the same rules when preparing the shipment as are specified in the following article: https://kb.acronis.com/content/57604. It is very important to include return shipment label, otherwise Acronis won’t be able to send the IS device back to Service Provider.
- Service Provider creates a support case for Acronis in the special Initial Seeding Support Queue via sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Support case should contain shipment tracking number (id provided by postal service, e.g. USPS track number), Group ID, Machine Name and Backup Plan name. It is very important to provide a valid tracking number, as otherwise it will not be possible to track Initial Seeding device location.
- Acronis Support Team reviews the case and tracks shipment status on regular basis. Once the shipment arrives, Acronis Support Team processes Initial Seeding request, sends IS device back to Customer/Service Provider and updates the support case.
- Acronis Support Team is monitoring the support case on regular basis. In case IS is not completed within 3 days, Support Team escalates the support case to Support Team Lead.
- Once IS backup is uploaded and support case is updated accordingly, Acronis Support Team verifies in Acronis Backup Cloud Management Console that the backup has been uploaded successfully (increments are created without any errors), updates Service Provider and closes the case.
- In case of any questions or issues Service Provider should create a support case in Initial Seeding support queue by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acronis data centers addresses and contacts for Initial Seeding
|EU1, EU2, EU6, EU7
||Acronis GmbH, c/o Plusserver GmbH, Welserstrasse 14, D-51149 Cologneemail@example.com
|EU3||Acronis International GmbH, c/o Leon Tech Group, 7 Chiltern Court Asheridge Road, Chesham, HP5 2PX, Attention: Konstantin Dzyabko (Leon Tech Group)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|US2||Acronis (ATTN Portal Systems) 42395 Ryan Rd STE 112-620 Ashburn VA email@example.com|
|SG||Acronis International GmbH, 8 Temasek Boulevard, #30-01/02 Suntec Tower 3, Singapore firstname.lastname@example.org
|JP||Tsukaeru.net, 3F KOYO Minamiagata-machi Bldg, 1082 Minamiagata-machi, Nagano-shi, Nagano, Japanemail@example.com|