- You want to browse backup contents in Windows Explorer, either for recovery purposes or just checking what is inside a particular backup.
- You locate the corresponding .tib file and double-click it.
- Backup opens, but files and folders are not displayed.
Issue in the product.
The issue has been resolved in Acronis True Image 2019.
Users of older versions: please apply the solution below. Note that it includes recreating your backup settings from scratch.
- Temporarily disable antivirus and antimalware software.
- Follow https://kb.acronis.com/content/48668 to apply Cleanup Tool. This will remove Acronis True Image from your computer.
- Reboot your computer.
- Delete the folder %localappdata%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Acronis
- Download the latest version of Acronis True Image from your account. See https://kb.acronis.com/content/1642 for more details.
- Disable temporarily antivirus and antimalware software again (if enabled automatically upon reboot).
- Install Acronis True Image by using the downloaded installation package.
- See whether the issue with viewing backup contents is resolved.