If you need to expand a disk, please contact Acronis Customer Central with the following information:
a) Server name
b) which disk to expand
c) disk size before and after expanding
Acronis support representatives notify you, after they have verified that there is enough free space on both local and cloud storage servers and disabled cloud replication. Then go through the following steps:
- Open DiskSafe tool on the target machine. You should be able to see the following notification:
- If there is no notification, DiskSafe has not received information about drive expansion yet. To synchronize it:
- Right-click DiskSafe item on a left pane.
- Under Storage, click Refresh All:
If the issue still persists, restart the following services using Start -> Run -> services.msc:
- FalconStor DiskSafe
- Intelligent Management Agent
and then try again.
- Leave required drive from a group:
- Expand Protected Storage -> Groups.
- Click the required group.
- Right-click the expanded drive, and then click Leave:
- Expand the drive:
- Click Disks.
- Right-click the disk you need to expand.
- Under Advanced, click Expand:
- Wait for a drive to be expanded:
- Join Disk back to group: right-click group name, and then click Join:
NOTE: In Add group member window pay attention to the Current Activity column. In case current activity is Initialization, Disk analysis, or Snapshot, the OK button will be grayed-out and it will be impossible for a member to join the group. Wait until this activity is finished and try again.