- You have Acronis Backup 11.7 or 11.5 installed on your machine.
- You are upgrading to Acronis Backup 12 on-premise deployment and select to install Agent and Management Server.
- Upgrade completes, however, adding this machine to the management server fails. You receive an error message like:
Failed to check credentials for specified account.
You cannot remotely install the agent on the same machine that performs the remote installation. Please install the agent on this machine locally.
Issue in the product.
The issue has been fixed in Update 1 (build 3622), please update to the latest build.
As workaround, you can use one of these methods:
- Hover over the Add button, press Ctrl+Shift and click Add.
- Provide machine IP or name and credentials, and then click OK.
- Open Command prompt: Start -> search -> type "cmd" -> right-click Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
acrocmd add machine --service=ams --machine_address=<IP address or hostname>
where <IP address or hostname> is the IP or hostname of your machine