This article describes how manually add or re-add a machine to the management server.
In on-premise deployment
Use one of these methods.
Method 1 (for both local and remote agents)
- Hover over the Add button, press Ctrl+Shift and click Add.
- Provide machine IP or name and credentials, and then click OK.
Method 2 (bor both local and remote agents)
This method requires Acronis Command-Line Utility to be installed on the machine. Check whether it is installed and modify installation if necessary.
- On the machine where the management server is installed, open Command prompt: Start -> search -> type "cmd" -> right-click Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
acrocmd add machine --service=ams --machine_address=<IP address or hostname> --credentials=<user>,<password> --host=<AMS IP address or hostname> --credentials=<user>,<password>
where <IP address or hostname> is the IP or hostname of the machine you want to register on the management server
<AMS IP address or hostname> is the IP or hostname of Acronis Management Server
<user> and <password> are the credentials to access the machine and the management server respectively
Please refer to the Acronis Command-Line Utility guide for detailed information.
Method 3 (for remote agents)
- In backup console, click Add.
- Then select the device you want to add.
- Provide machine IP or name and credentials, and then click Add:
In cloud deployment
Proceed as described in this article.