Debug logs for Windows
Acronis True Image stores standard logs in the %allusersprofile%\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Logs folder . This path translates to C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Logs on Windows 7, 8 and 10 machines. More information in this article.
In some cases, standard logs are not enough to troubleshoot an issue with Acronis True Image. Below are instructions on how to collect additional logs, called "debug logs". They will be placed in %allusersprofile%\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Logs and %allusersprofile%\Acronis\TrueImageHome\ArchiveExplorer directores.
- Close Acronis True Image window, if it is opened.
- Download and unpack debug_logs_on_off.zip.
- Double-click enable_debug_logs.reg, click Yes to confirm the operation.
This will change the value of the TraceLevel registry parameter from default 2 (meaning collect standard logs only) to 0 (zero, meaning collect standard and debug logs).
32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Settings
64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Settings
- If instructed by Acronis, enable additional per-component logging:
- Reproduce the issue with Acronis True Image.
- If you have an opened ticket with Acronis support, generate system report from the Help tab on the left action bar (see this article for help) and send it to the Acronis Customer Central representative working on your case.
If you do not have an opened ticket, click Send feedback button on the Help tab, fill the form and click Send. Note that this will not open a support ticket for you automatically. If you want to open a support case, please use this form instead.
Both Generate system report and Send feedback collect logs from Logs and ArchiveExplorer directories automatically, you do not need to copy them manually.
- To prevent the disk from being filled with debug logs, please disable them after you have reproduced the issue and sent a system report to Acronis. To do that, double-click on the file disable_debug_logs.reg, click Yes to confirm the operation. This will set the value of TraceLevel back to default value 2 (only standard logs will be collected).
If you have followed instructions from p.4 to enable per-component logging, use the same technique and change level="debug" back to the default value level="info".
Debug logs for MacOS
1. Quit Acronis True Image and stop running backup tasks
2. Open the following config file for edit (with admin privileges):
e.g. sudo vim /Library/Application\ Support/Acronis/Registry/TrueImageHome.config
3. Add the following line under <key name="Settings"> line:
<value name="TraceLevel" type="Tdword">"1"</value>
4. Find all *.config files in /Applications/Acronis True Image.app/Contents/MacOS/
Open each file and replace all level="info" with level="debug"
5. Reproduce the issue with Acronis True Image
6. Download system_report.command.zip
7. Right-click on the script.
8. You will get the following message:
9. Click Open.
If you are running the script in OS X, the Acronis System Report folder will be created on the desktop. Finder will automatically open the folder with the System Report when the report is collected.
Acronis System Report collects the following information:
10. To prevent the disk from being filled with debug logs, please disable them after you have reproduced the issue and sent a system report to Acronis.
To do this, change level="debug" to level="info" in all *.config files in /Applications/Acronis True Image.app/Contents/MacOS/ . Also edit /Library/Application\ Support/Acronis/Registry/TrueImageHome.config and remove the previously added <value name="TraceLevel" type="Tdword">"1"</value> line.