This article describes how to set up monitoring in your environment.
Step 1 - installing agents
First decide whether you need to install Acronis Monitoring Service agents (private agents) on your machine:
You need to install a private agent, if you want to monitor:
- Server hardware and software, such as CPU, disk usage, services, etc.
- Log files (e.g. Windows event logs)
- Active directory performance
- Network channel quality, SNMP devices, printers, etc.
You do not need to install a private agent, if you want to monitor:
- Website metrics (availability, response time, etc.)
- E-mail service (SMTP, IMAP or POP-3 server availability and performance)
Step 2 - adding components
Once the agents are installed, you can create Components. A Component represents a group of monitors or a specific device or application.
- Choose the Infrastructure tab on the main menu and select Add Component:
- Choose what you want to monitor and click Next:
- Select the server or specify URL, domain name or public IP of the target website you want to monitor, and then click Next:
- Change the name of the monitor, if you like. Click Finish.
Step 3 - enabling monitors
Once a new component is created, you can enable monitors for this component:
For the full list of available options see the user guide.