There are some steps that need to be performed manually to fully migrate Microsoft SQL Server backup tasks from BackupAgent to Acronis Backup Cloud
There is no way to automatically transfer the credentials required to back up Microsoft SQL data.
Please note that SQL backup tasks are not converted to Acronis Backup Cloud Backup plans after Acronis Backup Cloud is installed. Please create backup plans in Acronis Backup Cloud manually after registering the machine.
- You have completed automated migration procedure, and Acronis Backup Cloud agent is successfully installed.
- Log in to the Acronis Management Console using your backup account, and then navigate to Microsoft SQL.
- Click the machine, and then its SQL resource, and provide correct credentials for the SQL Administrator:
Backing up SQL Databases
- On the left panel, click Microsoft SQL / Microsoft Exchange.
- By clicking on a machine browse to the data you want to back up. You can select entire instances or individual databases.
- Click Backup:
- A backup plan template is offered:
- You can change backup destination, schedule and archive cleanup settings.
- Click Apply.
- Name and save the plan.
- Now the plan is selected for your machine.