Do the following to migrate a physical or a virtual machine into Amazon EC2 instance or Microsoft Azure machine:
1. Ensure your machine meets prerequisites for Amazon EC2 import or check whether the operating system of your machine is supported in Microsoft Azure (see Windows operating systems, Linux endorsed distributions).
2. Using Acronis Cyber Backup, create a backup of the machine you want to migrate.
3. Restore the backup to a new virtual machine as described in the user guide:
- select VMware ESX(i) or to Hyper-V as hypervisor, if you want to restore to Amazon EC2
- select Hyper-V if you want to restore to Microsoft Azure via VHD import; select Hyper-V or VMware ESX(i) if you want to restore to Microsoft Azure via Azure Migrate service
5. Import the machine to Amazon EC2 either by using Amazon Web Service command line interface or by using AWS Management portal. Please refer to this article for details.