- You have a computer with an M.2 disk or NVMe drive
- When booting the computer with Acronis Linux-based bootable media the disk is not detected.
Linux kernel limitation.
As a workaround, disable SATA mode in UEFI (BIOS) in order to get the disk recognised in Linux:
- Start the computer.
- Access system setup by pressing F2 key (or another key specified in the manufacturer's documentation) when you see the manufacturer's logo.
- Go to System Configuration -> SATA operations and change from RAID On to Disabled.
- Download the latest bootable media and retry booting with it.
Alternatively, you can use WinPE-based bootable media.