Troubleshooting issues with Wake-on-LAN in Acronis Backup Advanced
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced
Wake-on-LAN (WoL) technology is implemented in Acronis Backup Advanced products. For detailed description please see Wake-On-LAN Technology Used in Acronis Backup Advanced.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issues with Wake-on-LAN:
- Make sure that WoL is enabled on the target machine. See Enabling Wake-On-LAN;
- Check the following known issues:
- In some cases, you may notice that WoL does not work on a large number of computers at the same time, but it works on a small group at a time. This could mean that a switch or a hub is programmed to block the magic packet in case it detects too much traffic. Back up small groups of computers at a time.
- If the issue persists, capture the network packet to send it Acronis Customer Central along with your support request:
Start the client machine that should be woken by Wake-On-LAN feature.
Stop Acronis Services on the client machine.
Download, install and start Wireshark utility on this machine and on Acronis Management Server (AMS). See Collecting PCAP Logs.
Run the backup plan with Wake-On-LAN option and capture traffic from AMS and client.
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.