- You set up e-mail notifications to Gmail.
- Sending e-mail notifications fails with:
From May 30, 2022, Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. As a result, the option Less secure apps doesn’t exist anymore, and the configuration procedure was completely changed.
- To use a Gmail account as email service, do the following:
- In the program settings specify in this order:
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- Encryption: TLS
- Port: 587
It is important to select the encryption type first, and then specify the port.
- In the SMTP authentication section specify your Gmail e-mail address and the generated password in step 1
Click Send test message to check if the e-mail can be delivered successfully.