Do the following to collect system report from a Virtual Appliance:
- Go to VA console and press CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-SPACE-F1 and then ALT-F2 to switch to the command line interface.
- Run this command:
- Once the system information is collected, navigate to /var/lib/Acronis/sysinfo and download the report to your machine.
You can use WinSCP utility to connect to the Appliance.
- Install the WinSCP utility which you can get from http://winscp.net/eng/download.php. WinSCP (Windows Secure CoPy) is a free and open source SFTP, SCP, and FTP client for Microsoft Windows.
- In the command line of the Virtual Appliance type this command:
- Launch the WinSCP utility on the machine where you installed it.
- In the host machine field type your Virtual Appliance IP, the same as in the vSphere console. The default login:password is root:root (the password may differ if you changed it via web console at Configure -> Agent Password).
- The protocol should be set to SCP and then click on log in.
- You will get a window with all the directories of the Appliance (Windows Commander-like interface), we are interested in /var/lib/Acronis/sysinfo.