- You start Acronis True Image 2016.
- You get the error: "The system cannot find the files specified"
TuneUp Utilities (third-party software) were installed on the computer to monitor, optimize and troubleshoot the system and installed software (including Acronis True Image). To perform the monitoring the utilities start first each time you open an application (in this case Acronis True Image). However, if the utilities have been uninstalled or upgraded, system fails to start them before launching Acronis True Image and this error occurs.
Delete Acronis True Image from the list of software launched by TuneUp Utilities.
- Open Windows Registry: Start -> Search -> regedit.exe
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> Image File Execution Option:
- Check whether a subkey trueimage.exe is present there.
- Delete the subkey trueimage.exe (right-click the subkey and select Delete):
If the subkey is not present, the issue has another root cause.