About the tool
- Acronis Hardware Compatibility Tool for Tape Devices checks whether a particular tape device is supported by Acronis Cyber Backup Advanced/Acronis Cyber Protect Advanced.
- The tool works with tape devices in the way Acronis Cyber Backup Agent does and performs a set of tests on tape drives and loaders (robots).
The following tape devices have been specifically tested. However, even if your tape devices are not listed below, it may still work correctly in all required scenarios, due to the fact that we support any tape device vendor (up to LTO-8 tapes format; no LTO-9 support yet).
The tool performs write-erase tests (among others) so make sure the tape you use during the test does not contain important data
Acronis Hardware Compatibility Tool must not be run while backup/recovery activities are in progress
- Run the tool on a machine with a tape device attached and running in any of the operating systems supported by Acronis Cyber Backup Advanced:
- Acronis Cyber Protect 15: Supported operating systems
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: Supported operating systems
- Acronis Backup 11.7: Supported Operating Systems
- Ensure that the drivers are properly installed and the devices (robot, drives) are shown in Windows Device Manager.
- When launched, the tool detects the connected devices and lists them:
- Press Enter if you want to test all devices or type the number of a particular device.
- Once the devices are specified, the tool will ask you to configure a set of tests. To choose a test, type Y (Yes), N (No) or C (Close application).
Note: the specified size for read/write test should not exceed the capacity of single tape media.
- Ensure that the tests are properly configured and type Y to confirm the launch of the tests:
- Wait while testing is in progress:
- When all the tests are completed, the tool will save the results into the same folder from which the tool was launched.
- Please send the tool output results via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that your tape device will be added to Tape Hardware Compatibility List 0.1 MB.pdf: