You can remotely install Backup Agents.
Create .mst and .msi installation files
- Download the full installation file: click on Add in Backup Console and pick Offline Installer.
- Click Create .mst and .msi files for unattended installation.
- Specify the credentials of the backup account. This account will be used to register machines with installed agents.
- Review or modify the installation settings that will be added to the .mst file.
- Click Generate.
As a result, the .mst transform is generated and the .msi and .cab installation packages are extracted to the folder you created.
- Place the files created in the steps above to a shared folder and grant access to the user performing the installation (or to Everyone).
- Install agents by using this command:
msiexec /i <path_to_the_msi> /qb /l*v install.log TRANSFORMS=<path_to_the_msi.mst>
If you need to reboot the machine after installation, you can use this command:
shutdown /r /t 1
If you cannot create .mst and .msi files using the installer interface, extract all files from it with a file archiver (like 7-zip or WinRar); then open the Command Prompt (Start -> Search -> cmd), browse to the folder with the extracted files, and issue this command:
msiexec /i BackupClient64.msi /qb /l*v install.log ADDLOCAL=MmsMspComponents,BackupAndRecoveryAgent,TrayMonitor
REBOOT=ReallySuppress ENABLE_COMMON_ERRORS=1 MMS_SERVICE_USERNAME=<username> MMS_SERVICE_PASSWORD= <password> MMS_MUST_BE_REGISTERED=0 CREATE_NEW_ACCOUNT=0 ACEP_AGREEMENT=1
where <username> is the name of the user who shold run Managed Machine Service, and <password> is this user's password.