- You start Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image).
- You provide credentials to your Acronis account.
- Signing in fails with error:
An error occurred while signing in. Please try again later.
Sign-in may fail due to multiple reasons. Most frequent of them are listed below, with the corresponding solutions:
1. Incorrect e-mail or password
Check the credentials you have provided, see this article for help.
2. Acronis services that are responsible for remote connections are stopped
- Click Start -> Run and type in services.msc to open the Services window
- Locate the following services in the list and check their status. If these services are not running, start them (right-click -> Start)
- Acronis Managed Machine Service Mini
- Acronis Scheduler2 service
- Acronis Agent Core Service (Acronis True Image 2021 and later)
3. Ports 443, 44445 and 55556 are blocked
TCP ports 443, 44445 and 55556 of your PC or Mac are blocked on your computer or router. Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image) connects through these ports when signing in or activating the product and requires all these ports to be open.
Open TCP ports 443, 44445 and 55556 for outbound connections in your firewall (for Windows firewall, see this Microsoft article). If the port is blocked by a third-party firewall or on your router, you need to open it there.
4. Acronis processes are blocked by Windows Firewall
Follow the steps outlined here to verify that Acronis processes are allowed access through the Windows Firewall.
5. Access to Acronis servers is blocked in the 'hosts' file
Make sure that Acronis servers are NOT listed in a special file, controlling access to internet addresses, named 'hosts'. Click here for instructions.
6. Issue with root certification authority certificate
Check for SSL certificate verification failure in the logs, and if found, re-import certificates to resolve the issue, as explained here.
If the problem persists after trying these steps, please collect the following information and contact Acronis Support:
- Screenshot with the result of ports check with Acronis connection verification tool or by telnet.
- Acronis System Report.