Delete registry subkeys of a previous product installation
This article applies to:
- Using Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange, you are attempting to create a CDP backup task;
- The attempt fails with the following error message:
Error creating CDP item. Selected storage groups already have items that
associated with the groups.
There are CDP traces left in the registry after removing Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Agent manually.
A CDP task is processed in two ways: in a common task script and in a registry key. Probably during the agent removal earlier CDP task was not deleted completely, and some traces in the registry are preventing creating a new task after the reinstall.
- Open Windows Registry Editor (Start-Run -> regedit), and delete the subkey with a GUID number from the following registry key:
Windows 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik\Plugins\MsExchangeCdpAgent
Windows 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik\Plugins\MsExchangeCdpAgent
Delete the highlighted subkey:
So that there will be no subkeys under MsExchangeCdpAgent:
- Restart the Acronis Remote Agent Service:
- Hit Start-Run and type in services.msc;
- On the Services window right-click on Acronis Remote Agent Service and click Restart.