- You insert a serial number in the Acronis True Image license wizard.
- You receive an error message similar to the following one:
The serial number is incorrect.
Possible causes are:
- Serial number does not match the product version that you are installing. For example, you are installing Acronis True Image 2015, but provide the serial number for Acronis True Image 2017.
- Serial number is typed incorrectly.
- Issue with serial number.
- Make sure that you are using the correct installation file. Register your serial number at Acronis website (here is how to register a serial number) and download the installation file:
If you have several Acronis products, make sure you selected the correct serial number.
- If you are typing the serial number manually (e.g. it is printed on a CD sleeve) check the serial number for possible typos and misprints. Common misprints include:
0 (zero) and O (Oscar) 1 (one) and I (India) 5 (five) and S (Sierra) 8 (eight) and B (Bravo)
You may also want to use a magnifying glass to distinguish between the characters that look similar (e.g. 0 and D; B and 8 etc).
- Make sure that there are no empty spaces before or after serial number when you type or paste it in the available field. See also Pasting Serial Number in the Installation Wizard of Acronis Products
- If after you enter the serial number, Acronis product prompts you to enter another serial number - you specified a serial number for an Upgrade version of the product. In the second field please enter a serial number for an earlier version of Acronis True Image. See also How to find the serial number of your Acronis product.
(!) If an earlier version of Acronis product is already installed in your system, installation assistant will recognize serial number from the earlier version automatically and will not prompt you to enter a second serial number.