You can create a rescue bootable media - a standalone version of Acronis True Image 2016 that you can use to boot a crashed machine or a machine without any operating system and restore an image of your system. Follow these instructions to create a bootable media.
On a Windows computer
- Select a media that will be used as bootable media: connect a USB flash drive to your PC or insert a CD/DVD.
- Start the product and click the Tools sign -> Rescue Media Builder:
- Select Acronis bootable rescue media:
- Select the media type:
- Click Proceed:
On a Mac
(!) We strongly recommend creating a bootable media immediately after the first backup; if the operating system crashes, the only way to restore it is restoring from the bootable media.
The bootable media can be only created if the Recovery partition is present on the machine.
- Connect a removable drive to your Mac. The drive must have 4 GB (or more) of free space. For example, you can use an external hard drive or a USB flash drive. Note that CD and DVD media are not supported.
- Open Acronis True Image.
- In the File menu, click Create Rescue Media:
- The Acronis Media Builder window opens. Select the drive that you want to make bootable:
- Click Create Media.
We recommend that you create a new rescue media every time you upgrade your Mac OS X to a newer version. Otherwise, your rescue media may not work properly.