You receive the following message:
You've exceeded the maximum number of activations for this serial number
- You exceed the limit of available activations. For example, you have an Acronis True Image 2016 1 computer license and attempt to install Acronis True Image on more than 1 machine.
- You reinstall or upgrade your operating system.
- You upgrade your machine with new hardware.
- You replace your machine with a new one.
If you want to use Acronis True Image on more machines than you license allows, you will need to purchase additional serial numbers and activate the new copies.
If you have reinstalled or upgraded your operating system or hardware, or simply moved the product to a different machine, reactivate Acronis True Image in the new environment.
- Click Resolve the problem:
- Select one of the options:
- If you have reinstalled Windows, or changed hardware of your computer (for example, you might have upgraded motherboard or processor), click I have changed hardware or reinstalled Windows on this computer and choose from the list the same computer by its old name:
- If you have installed Acronis True Image on a new computer click I have installed Acronis True Image on a new computer and select one of the three options:
- Buy a new license.
- Enter another Acronis True Image 2016 serial number you have already purchased.
- Move the license to your new computer from another one on which the product is already activated. To do this, select the computer from which you want to move the license. Note that Acronis True Image will be deactivated on that computer.