Installation of an Acronis product fails in Windows. MSI log shows this error:
Failed to grab execution mutex. System error 258.
This error can been caused by one to the following:
- Msiexec.exe process is already running on the machine
- The registry string PendingFileRenameOperations is currently populated and the computer is waiting to be restarted.
- Open the Windows task manager (right-click the Task bar and select Start Task Manager).
- End any remaining msiexec.exe process running: select the process and click End Process.
- Reattempt the installation.
- If the error remains, reboot the computer and run the installer again. A second reboot, after installation, may also be required.
Please contact Acronis Support if you need assistance.