Data archiving is a tool that allows you to free up space on your computer by moving big or rarely used files to Acronis Cloud, NAS, an external hard drive, or a USB flash drive..
- analyze files in the selected folder on your PC and detect its size, last modified date and type
- pack chosen files into an archive and move them to the destination that you specify
- delete those files from the initial location
How to use archiving on a Windows computer
- Select Archive in Acronis True Image interface:
- If necessary, select a folder to analyze. Home folder is selected by default:
- Select files to archive:
- Select archive destination: Acronis Cloud or browse for the desired folder:
- Click Archive.
How to use archiving on a Mac
- Select Archive:
- Drag and drop files you want to archive or browse in Finder
- Select archive destination: Acronis Cloud, or specify the necessary location:
- Click Start Archiving:
How to access archived files
You can browse and download the archived files in two ways:
- using a network location called Acronis Archive:
- in your web browser on web restore page:
Archiving also works for files located on a network folder.