Administering large environments you might need to set up a vast number of machines with a pre-installed set of programs including a backup software. Here is a way to create a master image which includes Acronis Backup Advanced Agent and integrate the new Agents into Acronis Backup Advanced centralized management.
(!) Make sure you have added licenses for the new machines to the License server. Each Agent machine needs a license.
- Install Acronis Agent.
- Stop Acronis Managed Machine service.
- In Windows, open the Windows registry (Start -> Search - regedit.exe), navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\Settings\MachineManager and delete InstanceID and MMSCurrentMachineID
In Linux, navigate to /etc/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery.config and delete InstanceID and MMSCurrentMachineID (just delete the respective xml tags).
- Back up the machine using Acronis bootable media.
- Recover the backup to the target machine.
- On the source machine, start Acronis Managed Machine service or reboot the machine after recovery.
- Add the machine to Acronis Management Server using the add machine command.
Alternatively, you can use remote installation to install Acronis Agents on remote machines.