This can happen if a pre- or post-backup command has failed to execute
- You create a backup plan.
- You set up e-mail notifications in the backup plan options.
- A pre- or post-backup command is used.
- The option "Fail the backup task if the command execution fails" is disabled.
- Backup completes successfully.
- The e-mail notification says that the backup has failed. E.g. "Task 'Simple backup (Full)' has failed on machine 'MachineName'".
This happens when the pre/post-backup command fails to execute.
Our development team is working on the issue.
If you receive the e-mail saying that the backup has failed and the log contains messages similar to "Child process has exited with code '1,116'.", then please double-check the backup status in the product.