Acronis Managed Machine Service user should be assigned these privileges:
- Included in the Backup Operators and Administrators groups. On a Domain Controller, the user must be included in the group Domain Admins.
- Granted the Full Control permission on the folder %PROGRAMDATA%\Acronis (in Windows XP and Server 2003, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis) and on its subfolders.
- Granted the Full Control permission on certain registry keys in the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis.
- Assigned these user rights:
- Log on as a service
- Adjust memory quotas for a process
- Replace a process level token
- Modify firmware environment values
During installation, you can specify an existing user or create a new one. The specified user will be granted necessary rights during installation. In case you need to specify the rights manually (e.g. when changing the user later), please follow these instructions.