Acronis Managed Machine Service user should be assigned these privileges:
- Included in the Backup Operators and Administrators groups. On a Domain Controller, the user must be included in the group Domain Admins.
- Granted the Full Control permission on the folder %PROGRAMDATA%\Acronis (in Windows XP and Server 2003, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis) and on its subfolders.
- Assigned these user rights:
- Log on as a service
- Adjust memory quotas for a process
- Replace a process level token
- Modify firmware environment values
During installation, you can specify an existing user or create a new one. The specified user will be granted necessary rights during installation. In case you need to specify the rights manually (e.g. when changing the user later), please follow these instructions.
You can use a special tool for verifying required privileges on the machine:
- Download detectprivileges.zip and unzip it
- On the machine where you want to check privileges, log in under the user that is used for running Acronis Managed Machine Service or use "Run as" feature to start Command Prompt under that user.
- Launch Command Prompt and navigate to the folder where the tool is stored. Run Detect Privileges tool and save output to a file, e.g.:
DetectPrivileges.exe > report.txt
- Check the created report and adjust the necessary privileges.