Replication is creating backups in multiple locations with a single Protection plan. This feature allows replicating backups from a local/network storage to multiple local/network storage, to Acronis cloud, or to an on-premises Cloud storage based on Acronis Cyber Infrastructure.
There are 2 replication methods:
- Replication in Protection plan
- Replication in mini-plan
Replication in Protection plan
To set up replication in Protection plan:
- Create a Protection plan and select items you want to back up.
- Under Where to back up select Local folders or Network folders.
- When the first location is specified (and it is not a cloud storage), Add location section appears:
- Click + Add location and specify second location.
- Set up schedule, retention rules etc. and apply the plan.
You can add up to 5 secondary locations.
After a backup is created in the specified location, it will be automatically replicated to the second location.
Replication in mini-plan
In this method, you can create a separate replication plan that can be run at a different time from the protection plan while using different agents.
To learn more about Off-host Backup replication plan, check the product documentation