Replication is creating backups in two locations with a single backup plan. This feature is available starting with version 4 (Agent build 12.0.1078) and allows replicating backups from a local/network storage to another local/network storage, to Acronis cloud, or to an on-premises cloud based on Acronis storage (applicable to Acronis Backup Cloud).
To set up replication:
- Create a backup plan and select items you want to back up.
- Under Where to back up select Local folders or Network folders.
- When the first location is specified (and it is not a cloud storage), Replicate backup section appears:
- Slide Replicate backups switch to On and specify second location:
- Set up schedule, retention rules etc. and apply the plan.
After a backup is created in the specified location, it will be automatically replicated to the second location.