- You create a file-level backup plan on a Windows machine.
- When running the backup plan you see an error message like this:
Failed to back up file or folder 'C:\junc'.
Error occurred while backing up.
Error code: 0x40019
$module = "disk_bundle_vs_43916"
Error occurred while reading the file.
Error code: 0x40001
function = "FSCTL_GET_REPARSE_POINT", $module = "disk_bundle_vs_43916"
Tag: 0xA8A1022BD18AE30F The file or directory is not a reparse point Error code: 0xFFF0 code = 2,147,946,790 (0x80071126), $module = "disk_bundle_vs_43916" Tag: 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8EE
This is a known issue. This happens when you select files and folders in a directory junction point during backup plan creation in "What to backup" .
An example of why this can happen is this:
- You create a centralized file-level backup plan on a Windows machine.
- You select some files or folders in the directory "My Documents" (if you are using an English copy of Windows) or the localized directory (for example "Eigene Dokumente" or "Mes documents").
- As these folders are in fact junction points for the folder called "Documents", you get the error message described above.
When selecting files and folders for backup browse to the original folder instead of the junction.
For example, select "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\MyFolder" instead of "C:\Users\Administrator\My Documents\MyFolder" or "C:\Users\Administrator\Eigene Dokumente\MyFolder", etc.