This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup for VMware 9
You can either reinstall Centralized dashboard or update it manually.
Do the following to update Centralized dashboard manually:
- Deploy new Centralized dashboard appliance. (!) Do not connect to its Web console.
- Use WinSCP to connect to the old Centralized dashboard appliance.
- Copy these folders from the old appliance:
- Use WinSCP to connect to the new Centralized dashboard appliance.
- Place the copied folders to the new appliance.
How to connect to a virtual appliance using WinSCP:
- Install the WinSCP utility which you can get from http://winscp.net/eng/download.php. WinSCP (Windows Secure CoPy) is a free and open source SFTP, SCP, and FTP client for Microsoft Windows. Its main function is to secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers basic file manager and file synchronization functionality.
- Log in to vSphere Client and open the console of Centralized dashboard appliance. Write down or remember the IP address of Centralized dashboard appliance.
- Press CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-SPACE-F1 and then ALT-F2
- In the console please type this command: /bin/sshd
- Launch the WinSCP utility on the machine where you installed it;
- In the host machine field type your Appliance IP (recorded on Step 2), the same as in the vSphere console. The default login:password is root:root (the password may differ if you changed it via web console at Configure -> Agent Password).
- The protocol should be set to SCP and then click on log in;
- You will get a window with all the directories of the appliance (Windows Commander-like interface).