This article describes principles of managing free space in Acronis Cloud.
Set up retention rules
When creating a backup plan, specify retention rules for the archive:
- Navigate to the How to back up section:
- Under Retention rules of the Simple backup scheme, select Delete backups older then...:
- Or specify Keep backups setting of the Grandfather-Father-Son backup scheme:
- Or specify Number of levels in the Tower of Hanoi backup scheme, retention rules are applied automatically:
Delete old backups manually
When your Cloud storage is running out of space, you will be notified by:
- e-mail notifications;
- warnings in backup logs.
Please consider cleaning up your storage.
- Navigate to the vault (for Acronis Backup Advanced users: connect to the Agent machine, you cannot delete backups when the console is connected to the management server)
- Select backups you want to delete, right-click and select Delete:
Please contact Acronis Support if you need assistance.