This article applies to:
- Acronis Disaster Recovery Service (formerly nScaled DRaaS)
Follow the following instructions to protect a new server in DiskSafe.
1. Log in to recovery console and download DiskSafe here: https://dr.acronis.com/support/resources
2. Open DiskSafe. Expand Protected Storage – right click on Disks and select Protect.
2. Click Next.
3. Select the disk you want to protect. Do not select individual partition, select the whole disk. Click Next.
4. On Mirror Storage Selection, select New Disk.
5. In the Allocate Disk window, click Add Server.
6. In the Add Server window, click Discover.
7. Add the IP addresses in From: and To: and click OK.
8. Select the CDP and click OK.
9. Enter the user name “fsuser” and the password "fsuser". Check iSCSI box and click on Advanced…
10. Change the Local Adapter to Microsoft iSCSI initiator and click OK.
11. Check Enable Thin Provisioning and click OK.
12. In the Mirror Storage window, select the protected Disk and click Next.
13. In the Mirror Mode and Initial Synchronization Options window, leave the default and click Next.
14. In the Periodic Mode and Synchronization Schedule window, click Schedule.
15. Set the schedule and set the start date and time.
16. Check the If synchronization fails, retry every: box and set the value to 10 minutes.
17. Select Storage server will manage snapshot retention. It is recommended to let the console perform the retention tasks, please follow the link below to learn more about setting the retention policy in the Acronis Disaster Recovery Service console.
18. Click Finish.
19. You will now need to create a group. Under Protected Storage, right-click Groups and select Create.
20. Click Next.
21. Add the server name in Group name. Click Next.
22. In the Periodic Mode and Synchronization Schedule window, click Schedule.
23. Set the schedule and set the start date and time.
24. Click Next.
25. Check the If synchronization fails, retry every: box and set the value to 10 minutes.
26. In Snapshot retention policy, select Storage server will manage snapshot retention.
27. Click Finish.
28. Select Yes for adding members to this new group.
29. Select the disks to add and click OK.
30. Generate strings according to https://kb.acronis.com/content/55142
Then create a support ticket. Send the created strings and let us know whether the new server should be replicated to Acronis Cloud. We will enable your newly protected server to be displayed in recovery console.