- You have created a backup with VSS enabled.
- You have restored the backup.
- Windows Update history is not available.
This is the by design behavior of a Windows operating system: Windows Updates history is removed from a backup with enabled VSS.
We cannot change Windows by design behavior.
You can view all Windows updates currently installed on the system by clicking the Installed Updates link in the Windows Update window.
If using Acronis Backup you can set Do not use VSS option in your backup plan (in case you do not have VSS-aware applications on the machine).
If using Acronis True Image you can disable Volume Shadow Copy, in case other programs do not require running VSS:
- Start -> Run -> services.msc
- Locate Volume Shadow Copy service, right-click and select Properties.
- Set the startup type to Disabled.
- Stop the service.
Alternatively, you can back up using Acronis Bootable Media.