How to force removal of backup policies using a script
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
If there is any issue with deleting a backup policy from Acronis Management Server via GUI, you can force the removal using a special VBS script.
- Download the script;
- Extract it to a partition on the machine where the Acronis Management Server is installed;
- Hit Start-Run -> cmd to enter Windows Command Line and browse to where the script is;
- Issue the following command:
where PolicyName is the name of the policy. Make sure the name is in the quotes.
delete_policy_by_name.vbs 'Backup 11/26/2009 2:22:31 PM"
(!) You can find out the name of the policy in Acronis Management Server under Backup policies:
- The script will then delete the policy from the Acronis Management Server, and it will also remove the local copy of the script from the Agents. Please make sure that all of the Acronis Agents, which this policy was applied to, are turned on and they are seen by the Acronis Management Server .
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.