This is a limitation of the the FAT32 file system
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Netbook Edition
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack
- Acronis Backup and Security 2010
- Using Acronis True Image Home 2010, you are recovering a file, which is 4 GB or bigger in size;
- As archive destination on the Recovery wizard (Location selection -> Destination) you select a disk or partition with FAT32 file system;
- The recovery task starts but fails when the size of the recovered file reaches 4 GB. The error message is the following:
There is not enough disk space to recover file
Acronis services are not started.
The FAT32 file system limits file size to a maximum of 4 GB.
First of all, please make sure the two following Acronis services are started and their Startup type is set to Automatic:
(!) There is no Acronis Nonstop Backup service in Acronis True Image Home 2010 Netbook Edition. If you have the netbook edition, please start the Acronis Scheduler2 Service only.
Recover the file to a disk or partition with NTFS file system, which does not have this limitation. You can check what disks/partitions have NTFS file system in Windows Disk Management (Start-Run -> diskmgmt.msc).