Restart the computer.
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2015
Backup fails with:
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
One of the previous backups is locked.
1. Restart your computer and start backup.
2. You can use Process Monitor to check which process is using the file:
- Download Process Monitor and run it.
- Go to Find, select Find handle or DLL.
- Enter the file name and press Search.
Please contact Acronis Support if you need assistance or ask our MVPs and other Acronis Customers for advice on Acronis forums.