This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2015
Backup fails with:
The system cannot find the path specified
The specified file does not exist
and error code 0x01E50023+0x000B03E9+0x0004000F+0x00040011
Acronis True Image cannot find one of the previous backups. The root cause of the issue may vary: the missing backup was deleted; the backup resides on a removable drive which is not attached to the machine or on a network share which is not accessible.
1. Check if the backup location is accessible: if you are backing up to an external drive, make sure it is connected to your computer, if you are backing up to a network share, make sure you can connect to this share.
2. Check that all previous backups are in the location. If you have deleted some old backups manually:
- Make sure the full backup and all incremental backups remained in the backup location. An archive without a full backup cannot be recovered and has to be recreated. All incremental backups depend on each other and the full backup, therefore deleting an incremental backup would make recovery impossible. We do not recommend deleting archives manually.
- Re-add backup and reconfigure backup settings:
- delete the backup settings first: click Operations, then click Remove from the list;
- re-add the backup: click Add backup, then click Add existing backup;
- reconfigure backup settings: click Operations, then click Reconfigure.
As the root causes may vary, we kindly ask you to send the Acronis system report to us for quality analysis (start Acronis True Image -> Help -> Send feedback -> Attach system report should be checked). This will help us to sort out other possible root causes of this issue and provide you with more solutions.