Reactivate Linux loader after the cloning
This article applies to:
- All Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Editions
- All Acronis True Image Home versions
- All Acronis True Image Echo editions
- All Acronis True Image 9.1 editions
- Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0
- You have Linux operating system with a Linux loader installed. As a variant, you may also have Windows installed on one partition, and Linux operating system with a Linux loader installed on another partition;
- Using Acronis software, you clone the disk to a new one;
- After cloning, the new disk fails to boot into Linux operating system.
Cloning a disk with proportional or manual resizing to fit the new disk changes the sector number of where the Linux loader is installed.
Reactivate the Linux loader after cloning. See Reactivating Linux Loaders (GRUB, LILO).