Target location is full, free up space or select another location
Backup fails with error "Disk is full" or "Write error".
Backup location is full or does not have enough space to store your backup.
Free up space in the target location or select another location (e.g. an external drive of a higher capacity) for your backup.
This means you can use one of these solutions:
1. Free up space in the target location:
delete/move files from the drive to free up space for Acronis True Image backups.
2. Move the backup chain to another location, e.g. to an external drive of a higher capacity, and reconfigure backup settings:
- Delete the backup settings first: click Delete, then click Settings only:
- Move the backup files to the new drive: open the folder, where the backups are stored, in Windows Explorer, select them and move to the new location.
- Re-add the backup: click Add existing backup. Select backups in the new location.
- Reconfigure backup settings:
3. Shrink archive size by setting up archive cleanup (older backups in the chain will be deleted):
- Click Operations, then Edit settings.
- Under Backup Scheme click Turn on automatic cleanup:
- Select a setting.
- Start backup; the archive will be cleaned up according to your setting. (Cleanup cannot be started as an independent task without backup creation.)
4. Delete the previous backup archive and create new backups:
(!) Do not delete backup files from the location while the backup are listed in Acronis True Image.
- Click Operations.
- Click Delete.
- Select Whole backup.
- Create new backup task and start backup.