This article applies to:
- Using Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange, you are performing a mailbox backup or recovery;
- The operation fails with one of the following error messages:
Method ATTACH_BY_(2) is not supported
Method ATTACH_BY_(3) is not supported
Method ATTACH_BY_(4) is not supported
Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange does not support the following attachment backup and restore methods:
- ATTACH_BY_REFERENCE ((ULONG) 0x00000002)
- ATTACH_BY_REF_RESOLVE ((ULONG) 0x00000003)
- ATTACH_BY_REF_ONLY ((ULONG) 0x00000004)
The next version of the software, Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server, supports these attachment methods. You can find more about the new product features in Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5: New Features and Enhancements.
See also Microsoft MSDN Article: PidTagAttachMethod Canonical Property.