Mount the image in read-write mode to work around the issue
This article applies to:
- You have both PC Tools Spyware Doctor and Acronis True Image Home 2010 installed on the machine;
- Using Acronis True Image Home 2010, you are trying to mount an image in read mode;
- The product hangs on attempting to assign a drive letter to the partition:
Assigning letters to partitions...
When mounting an image in read mode, Acronis True Image Home 2010 calls an additional file system filter driver that is incompatible with PC Tools Spyware Doctor file system minifilter driver.
As a workaround, mount the image in read-write mode where the additional driver is not used:
- In the Mount Wizard, click Options:
- Tick off Mount the partitions in read-write mode:
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you have further questions or need assistance.