Explains the symptoms and how to fix Java Cryptography Extensions errors
You perform one of the following:
- You attempt to install or upgrade Acronis Access
- You attempt to log on the management portal.
The attempt fails with the following error:
An error occurred encrypting data. Please ensure you have the Java Cryptography Extension installed.
The Java Cryptography Extension is either not properly installed or the installation is damaged.
Reinstall the Java Cryptography Extension:
- The two .jar files are usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\Access\Access Server\JCE
- If local_policy.jar and US_Export_Policy.jar files are not there, you can download them from Oracle's website: Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 8 Download
- Copy the .jar files to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_<minorVersion>\lib\security. These two files will replace the versions already present in that directory.
- Note: You may need to change the path depending on how and where Java is installed. Once the encryption .jar files have been copied into the Java folder you will need to restart Acronis Access Tomcat from the Windows Service Control Manager (services.msc).
- Note: Replace <minorVersion> with your current Java minor version. e.g. \jre1.8.0_31\lib or \jre1.8.0_60\lib.
See also Acronis Access Evaluation FAQ.