By using a deployment task, you can perform deployment in either of these ways:
- Deployment to a specified list of machines. Acronis Snap Deploy 5 will use the Wake-on-LAN functionality to wake up the machines that are turned off and thus are not ready for deployment.
- Deployment as soon as a specified number of any machines become ready for deployment. You (or users in your organization) will need to make the machines ready.
- Or you can run any deployment task manually from the Deployment tasks view.
Do the following to create a deployment task:
- Start the Acronis Management Console and click Deploy image:
- Select the target machines:
- Make sure the machine will be booted into Acronis Snap Deploy 5 Agent at the time of deployment:
- You can select an existing deployment template or create a new one:
See also Acronis Snap Deploy 5: Creating Deployment Template.
- Set when to run the deployment task:
- Set the deployment start condition:
- Review the summary and click Create: