How to remove completed activities and accepted alerts from database
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup Advanced (Acronis Backup & Recovery) 11.5
Acronis Storage Node database accumulates entries with completed activities and accepted alerts, and can reach considerable size because of this. To reduce the size of Acronis Storage Node database you can use a special script to clean up older entries.
- Download the archive remove_history_asn.zip;
- Make sure there are no backups running;
- Unzip the archive and copy its contents to the Acronis Management Server folder:
- Windows XP/2003: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\DmlDatabase
- Windows Vista/2008/7/2012/8/8.1: %ProgramData%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\DmlDatabase
- Stop Acronis Storage Node service:
- Hit Win+R to open the Run window. Type in services.msc and click OK;
- In the Services window locate Acronis Storage Node Service;
- Right-click on the service and select Stop in the pop-up menu;
- Execute the script remove_history_asn.bat from the folder to which you unpacked the downloaded archive;
You can provide optional argument to the script in the YYYY-MM-DD [HH:MM:SS] format and in this case only activities and alerts older than specified date will be removed. Otherwise all completed activities and accepted alerts will be removed.
- Start Acronis Storage Node service.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.