This article cover errors and failures cases with System clean-up in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image). It provides information about steps necessary for investigation. Always make sure you are facing the issues with the latest build of the product (if it is possible).
System clean-up issues may happen under specific circumstances. To identify the exact cause, it is necessary to look into the Acronis System Report and Process Monitor. Please complete prerequisites step before proceeding to Collect information step.
Before anything else, be aware that these operations can lead to data loss! To avoid any possible data loss, please take all necessary precautions and follow these simple rules:
- Test your disk to make sure it is fully functional and does not contain bad sectors or file system errors. We recommend to create a full backup of the drive first (save the backup in a safe place, e.g. another hard disk, network share or removable media).
- Do not perform any disk/volume operations while running other software that has low-level disk access. Close these programs before running Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image).
The following information is required to troubleshoot the issue.
- Provide description of steps that lead to the problem.
- Reproduce the problem and collect Process Monitor log during operation preparation failure.
- Collect System Report from the machine in question: see Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office: Collecting System Report, Acronis True Image: Collecting System Report, Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report, Acronis True Image 2015: Generating System Report or Acronis True Image 2014: Generating System Report after the issue is reproduced. If this does not work, collect information with AcronisInfo Utility.
If System Cleanup hangs or appears to make no progress for a long time, try excluding cleanup of Hard Disk Free Space, as this operation may take a long time.