This article cover errors and failures cases with System clean-up in Acronis True Image. It provides information about steps nessesary for investigation. Always make sure you are facing the issues with the latest build of the product (if it is possible).
System clean-up issues may happens under specific circumstances. To identify the exact cause, it is necessary to look into the Acronis System Report and Process Monitor. Please complete prerequisites step before proceeding to Collect information step.
Before anything else, be aware that these operations can lead to data loss! To avoid any possible data loss, please take all necessary precautions and follow these simple rules:
- Test your disk to make sure it is fully functional and does not contain bad sectors or file system errors. We recommend to create a full backup of the drive first (save the backup in a safe place, e.g. another hard disk, network share or removable media).
- Do not perform any disk/volume operations while running other software that has low-level disk access. Close these programs before running Acronis True Image.
The following information is required to troubleshoot the issue. Please collect it, seach in Jira, consult Tier2 chat or escalate the case.
- Provide description of steps that lead to the problem.
- Reproduce the problem and collect Process Monitor log during operation preparation failure.
- Collect System Report from the machine in question: see Acronis True Image 2016: Generating System Report, Acronis True Image 2015: Generating System Report or Acronis True Image 2014: Generating System Report after the issue is reproduced. If this does not work, collect information with AcronisInfo Utility.