Download the new build and run the update
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 (Standalone Editions)
- Acronis Backup
Acronis Backup is Update 3 (build 38573) of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5. We changed product names based on the overwhelming feedback from Acronis Partners and Customers from all over the world that we should simplify our Licensing Policy to make your product experience more enjoyable. You do not need any additional license to install Update 3. However, product and license will be renamed within the product interface after installing Update 3. For more information about new product naming see Acronis Backup & Recovery Is Now Acronis Backup: Renaming Table and Simplified Licensing Policy
For information on how to download the latest build see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
(!) To update Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 components while preserving all previous settings, tasks, policies and vaults, it is recommended to install the update build without uninstalling the previous build.
- Run the installation package on the machine with the Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 installed and select Install Acronis Backup:
- If you accept the License Agreement, check I accept the terms of this agreement box and click Next;
- Click Update:
- On the next step the program shows installed components and the license key that is currently used. Review the installation summary and click Update to start the installation:
- Wait until installation completes:
Now you can use Acronis Backup.
Once the installation of the update is finished, recreate the Acronis Bootable Media to have an updated version of it.
For information on how to update Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced Editions, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced: Updating to Acronis Backup.
See also Acronis Backup 11.5.